Sunday, November 28, 2010

On the Topic of Haters, i.e. "Jealous Bitches"

Real Encounter 1
Cocoa Barbie: Lol!  Girl, you're so fake!
Teresa: No, you know what's fake?  Your hair. (blank stare)

Real Encounter 2
Teresa:  Please!  You spend hours on your makeup!
Cocoa Barbie:  Ummm...I work.  10 to 15 minutes is enough time for makeup application.

Real Encounter 3
Teresa:  Why are you all dressed up?  Geeze, this isn't a fashion show!
Cocoa Barbie:  Ummm...I always dress like this.  What's the problem?

I am never an advocate for giving haters attention that they DON'T deserve, however, today I feel I need to express myself.... 
After watching the Bad Girls Club reunion where it became sooo apparent that the "uglies" were hating on the pretty girls, I felt compelled to address the issue.  I had just encountered a few haters, myself, so you know I was already a bit hot under the collar.  I am sorry Teresa that you are pissed that my "fake" hair looks awesome, and the fact that it has stopped no one from complimenting me on it.  If I jokingly call you fake, I would think the next step would be for you to go after one of my personality flaws, but no, you want to talk about my physical appearance.  Classic hater syndrome.

On the subject of makeup why does this offend you so?  I know I have a great knack for expertly applying the stuff, and guess what?  It looks good.  Besides, I am working with a great canvas.  Hmmm...maybe that is what offends you.

On the subject of what I am wearing, why do you care?  Just because you felt like rolling out of bed and throwing on some dingy jeans and a rumpled t-shirt does not mean that I wish to follow suit.  Fabulous happens every day.

In short, women need to focus on becoming confident in themselves, as opposed to tearing other women down so as to build false confidence.  I'm sorry, Teresa, you will never be Barbie, so I suggest you concentrate on becoming the best Teresa you can be.

1 comment: